Friday, August 23, 2013
Last First Day of School Ever
Hey All :)
I just completed my first week of grad school year two! I was happy to see and reconnect with all my friends this week. However, I'm far more overjoyed that I'm one step closer to GRADUATING. Honestly, I am so ready to be done with school. I'm ready to move on and see what God has in store for Rob and I. I have cherished this experience and wouldn't do anything different. I got into grad school when God was ready for me to, not a minute earlier, not a minute later. I'm so thankful that God granted me with the opportunity to be in a field that I absolutely love. Not everyone can say that. I'm glad that I didn't settle. I'm glad that I had a fire inside me, pushing me to reach my full potential. I'm glad that I never bought into the derogatory comments and ignorance of others. I'm glad that I stayed true to myself throughout this whole experience. Most of all, I'm glad that I overcame my own insecurities and self-doubt. Today, I can say with the upmost confidence that I am SMART and that I DESERVE to be in grad school. I'm not saying that to brag. I'm saying that because 10 years ago, I didn't believe those things and I never ever referred to myself as an intelligent person. I have overcome criticism, bullying, and self-esteem issues. For once in my life, I am truly proud of ME. May 9th, 2014, I will walk across the stage in the Ramsey Center at WCU, with my yellow hood draped down my back, receiving my MASTERS DEGREE in Speech language pathology. No one can ever take that accomplishment away from me, because I EARNED IT!!! :)
Cupcake ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment